Saturday, February 27, 2010

Offsetting pages in OpenOffice

I created a journal paper template following the fine advice of Dmitri Popov. A master document is ok but sometimes I just want to PDF that subdocument (journal article) right away with the corresponding planned pages.

Searching the web for offsetting solutions, I've got mixed results, none of them completely satisfactory.

Until... I found the best advice that came along. This is from OpenOffice.org's Tutorial on Page Numbering.

Summary
1. On the page where you want an offset page number go to the first paragraph
2. Right-click, select Paragraph then Text Flow
3. Check Insert, then With Page Style , then choose the page style you created if you have one on the scroll down menu
4. Then on Page Number, insert the start of the page number.

1 comment:

Jing said...

I must add that one must put the cursor on the first line and before the first letter of the first page.